Would you like to discover how our hardworking employees are leading the way in improving the global Agri-Food value chain – and how you can play your part in our world-class Legal team as our new Junior Legal Counsel?
Bunge is on an ongoing journey of growth and change that has an impact on how we shape a Legal and IP department. Ergo, we are building a new Legal team at Bunge Loders Croklaan to match the needs of our expanding business. In the role of Junior Legal Counsel, you will contribute to safeguarding the interests of our EMEA businesses. You will provide hand-on legal advice to our internal stakeholders in the EMEA region on a diverse range of legal matters that include not only contracting, but also Privacy/GDPR advice, corporate governance, know-how, template drafting and development and providing of training. Interested to read more?
Your role as Junior Legal Counsel
Your main responsibility will be to achieve an optimal balance between the positioning of commercial interests of the EMEA businesses and managing the legal risks associated with it. You will independently provide legal support in small, assigned projects and at the same time, work closely together with the Head of legal, Senior Legal counsel and IP Legal counsel on large, strategic projects (e.g. M&A deals). Coordination of contract negotiations and ad hoc legal work (e.g. customer claims, subpoena, industrial accident) and handling a lot of compliancy matters will become your daily routine.
Additionally, your tasks will include:
- review and comment on received contracts and coordination of Global or Regional contracts for various plants and entities;
- provide advice on the conditions in the (pre-)contractual phase and drafting various contracts (including NDAs, letters of intent, R&D agreements, purchase/procurement contracts, etc.);
- excelling in your contract drafting skills that match a growing and very commercial business, using language that legally works but is also readable for non-lawyers.
Solving legal bottlenecks
- collecting and analyzing information about bottlenecks and changed situations during the term of the contracts or after their expiry and making proposals for change;
- advising management on engaging external counsel for the purpose of legal action (litigation, making arrangements, etc.).
Management of contract information
- management of contracts and agreements made and correspondence with possible legal aspects;
- managing database with general and specific contractual agreements with clients or third parties.
What do you bring to the role?
Our ideal candidate is a Dutch qualified lawyer who has gained experience in an international law firm and as an all-around in-house legal- counsel in a multinational (matrix) organization in the areas of FMCG or B2B, food law, commercial contracting, M&A, corporate/finance, litigation & corporate governance.
Furthermore, you are a hands-on enthusiastic team player with:
- Minimum of 4-6 years of professional experience;
- Hands-on mentality, stress resilient & quick on your feet;
- Dutch and English language proficiency.
What We Offer
An opportunity to join an organization with an informal culture where an entrepreneurial mindset is always valued. Being a global company with a constant need for innovation, a broad variety of challenges and development opportunities, we can support your long-term career at Bunge. We value and stimulate development through training, education and experience and offer effective/accredited tools and resources to support you in your journey.
If this description reflects your profile or ambition, we’re looking forward to see your application and motivation in English by hitting apply!
In case of questions, please reach out to Tamara Novak (Talent Acquisition Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org).
Acquisition by agencies is not appreciated, we do not use agencies at this moment for our recruitment. Open proposals of candidates are at own risk.